Monday, November 17, 2008

random observation 1.0


I was on campus today walking to the library when I found myself traveling behind two guys with their pants below their butts. Naturally,this isn't the first time I've seen such a sight as this has been an on-going trend for many years now. For some reason though, today it got me thinking...I wonder if they really think that looks good?






As I watched the guy on my right struggle to climb a few small steps because there wasn't enough room for movement in his upper-thigh-hugging jeans, I started to wonder if perhaps the guys had purchased the jeans too small and had no choice but to wear them below the butt because they simply didn't go up the rest of the way. I also wondered if they had girlfriends, which led me ponder the type of women who might find that attractive. Strangely enough, I couldn't come up with one. In all my years of talking to women, and talking to them about guys, never once as a preference have I heard one of them say "Oh yeah, and I really love it when a guy's pants hang below his ass."


Does it make the trip to the men's room quicker? The guys with the pants below their asses wear their boxers up all the way, so that can't be it; there's still work involved. Maybe it's easy access in case of spontaneous sex? There's less time for a girl to change her mind if your pants are already half way to the floor. Then all you have to do is grab hold of the belt and pull. Speaking of belts, they seem to often wear belts when rocking the jeans below the ass look. I find this particularly amusing because I was brought up to believe that belts were used to hold pants up, not down.



Anyway, to all the guys out there waddling around with your pants below your ass, stopping to tug them up a little with every step, I'm here to tell you that it is not cool. It is not hot. It makes you look lazy, like you were too bothered by an extra two second tug that would have sat your pants happily at your waist, where they belong.

No comments: